Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters and friends,

I pray that you are all healthy and strong to make disciples of all nations. Do remember to pay the most attention and love to your immediate family members!

I love Jesus

I am doing my quiet time on Genesis now. I find that our spiritual forefather, Abraham had a very personal relationship with the very God whom we also worship. He could bargain with God if he found certain number of righteous persons, he asked God not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. God agreed with his requests but in the end Abraham could not find any righteous persons and God went ahead to destroy the 2 cities.

My point is not the destruction of the 2 cities. My point is Abraham was so closed with God that he could bargain with God. Who was he to do it? Why should God bargain with him, a small human being since He knew for sure the destiny of the 2 cities.

I am amazed by God's willingness to entertain Abraham's redundant requests. God chose to be so close with Abraham that He even allowed him to have a chance to intervene in His plan to destroy the 2 cities.

Brothers and sisters, this same God in the person of Jesus is also available to all of us who are His children, to be close to Him.

There was one time I bargained with Jesus. My grandmother who loved me very much was very sick and almost died. I was in my early 20s, I naively, without much thinking, prayed to ask God to shorten my life to 30 years old and lengthen my grandmother's life. It was my bargain with God which I could still remember today! I am now 44 years old. My grandmother did survive for a few more years after my prayer. I waited for Jesus to take me home as I remembered my so called bargain with Him. In fact, I was serious with Him. Meanwhile, I still got married with Julia at the age of 27. I truly forgot that I was not supposed to marry as I would die at the age of 30. If I had told Julia about it, she would definitely not agree to be my wife. Who would want to marry me for 3 years and then become a widow!

I believe God in the person of Jesus heard my bargain with Him but because He has greater plan for me, so, He allows me to live on. For all the bonus and grace that Jesus bestowed on me, how can I not love Him every day. Jesus matters to me every day as each day of my life is given by Him.

My prayer to God for my life and also a prayer at my ordination is: Jesus, the day you think I have no more value in your sight, you take me home.

A Faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(22nd Jan, 2011 at KK)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: