Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and friends,

Praise the Lord I am able to share with you my reflection this week.

On 1st Jan, 2011, the day before I came to Kota Kinabalu, I met a drunken Iban (motorist) with a self inflicted accident on my way with Brother David (with his pick up) to Tudan Methodist Church. We were transporting some furniture for a poor family. We were stopped and I saw him bleeding profusely from his skull. Praise the Lord I learnt some first aid knowledge in the secondary school days. I immediately applied direct pressure to the bleeding wound. The bleeding stopped! I quickly asked Brother David to send us to the emergency department of the Miri Hospital. As I was sitting at the back of the pickup and holding him to my bosom, though my shirt and shorts were all dirtied by the blood, I looked at the blood clot, it was all red! That was it, my mind really thought of all the races of this world at that moment, no matter what color of skin we have, our blood is red! I am reminded to make disciples of all nations and races by this case, because our blood is all red, regardless of our skin color.

Before I came over to Sabah Theological Seminary, KK I had a dream which I want to put down in writings. It was an ordinary and yet very significant as it is an indication that God approves what I am doing. I dreamt that I was mixing with the indigenous people. I was in the midst of the indigenous people. I told someone that I had been doing the indigenous people ministry for so long (more than 10 years), I have not had that kind of dream. That brother said God was confirming His call on me to do the indigenous people ministry!

Praise the Lord, Dr Chung said my thesis is valid. She needs to pass it to the post graduate committee to approve. Do pray that it will be approved in 2 months' time so that I can start to look for material to get ready to write. At the same time, after reading my 10 paged thesis proposal, she asked me to take up 2 subjects by Dr Oy Saik, on Teaching Methods of Jesus and Serving the Adults, which are all relevant to my thesis. Also, I have registered for a subject on Theology of Ministry by a foreign lecturer. It is also related to my thesis.

I am very excited about these 3 subjects as they will equip me not only to do BM ministry in future, but they will also help me as a pastor to minister to people of all kinds. I have registered 7 credit hours and I still need to find another 5 credit hours.

I am going back to Miri on 28th Jan and I shall bring my family over on 1st Feb and we will spend our Chinese New Year here in KK this year with my in-laws. My father-in-law is 94 years old and I praise the Lord he is still okay.

I pray that you all will keep Jesus dear to your heart and honor Him in your life, souls, speech, actions and attitude. May you experience Him every day.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(16th Jan, 2011. KK)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: