Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters and friends of GMC,

Praise the Lord we are in comunication again after 3 weeks of break. This time I do not write to you as your pastor but as someone who is spiritually linked to you all.

Thanks very much to you all from the bottom of my for organizing a big farewell for me on Christmas (25th Dec, 2010). It was a very memorabble event that would encourage me and my family for life. The video clips contain (done by Peter Yong) all the most powerful words that encouraged me and my wife. We were greatly touched by the missionary song and the dance put up by sister Cheah Hooi on that day. That missionary truly represent our hearts' for Jesus and His children and the lost out there.

I have left Miri on 2nd January, 2011 for Sabah Theological Seminary, Kota Kinabalu to do my Masters of Theology in Bahasa Malaysia. I am doing my orientation now in the seminary. I enjoy speaking BM with the students. There are about 100 of us. 80% are indigenous people, of whom majority are coming from Sabah. A few are coming from Sarawak. For the indigenous theological students of Sabah, majority of them are Rungus, followed by other tribes such as Kadazans, Dusuns, Muruts, Lunbawangs (Lun Dayaks), Duraja, Sino-Kadazans, and Sino-Indons and a few Ibans coming from Sarawak. They are coming from Protestant Church of Sabah, Anglican church of Sabah and Sarawak, SIB and independant churches. The other 20% are Chinese, most of whom are coming from Sabah. A few Chinese like me are coming from Sarawak. Most Chinese here are Hakka.

The whole atmosphere and culture is warm and close. The best part I like is the wonderful fellowship we have.

Do pray for my wife and 4 children back home in Miri. Julia has to take care of the 4 children alone without me. Just to make sure that they go for tuition is already a big challenge.

My new email is lawhuiseng@yahoo.com You may like to communicate with me.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(3rd January, 2011, KK)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: