Friday, August 3, 2012

My Olympic

Dear brothers and sisters throughout the world,

I am very excited to write to you my encounter with Jesus again. This time, I experienced it in my dream in Miri last week. I just felt Jesus the God almighty is so real to me. I pray Jesus who is God became a human being is also very real to you.

I called it My Olympic because though I am not there to compete but Jesus used it to give me a reflection that helps me to focus on Him only. Here it goes.

Arrow in the hand of Jesus

I was captivated by the focus of our Malaysian archer Khairul Ahmad at the Olympic who was so calm, steady, courageous and most important of all, so focused. I thought about it and related it to spiritual truths as I watched. Amazingly, Jesus made it better as I dreamt about it. The following picture and reflection came from my dream when I wake up in the morning. I even shared it with my wife, Julia. She listened to me patiently and it helped me to remember and write to you now.

I feel like I am an arrow in the hand of Jesus, my Master, the Almighty God who is my archer. Khairul targeted his arrows at the centre which gave him 10 points for a few times. He was so accurate and it gave me an unforgettable memory that led me to a spiritual dream.

Jesus the Archer

I know Jesus the Almighty God is more than my archer. A human archer targets his arrow to the right goal or the so called ‘destiny’. Similarly, as an arrow, I submit my life to Jesus, the archer, He will shoot this arrow to the right targets (goals, destiny, righteous paths, Christ-likeness, eternal life, right direction in life, right and godly decision, right preaching, right counselling, right parenting, right…). He will make sure our abilities, financial means, characters, spiritual gifts, wisdom and everything we have to point/ target towards the right things/ path. Will you allow yourself tobe the arrow in Jesus’ hand, the archer? You can trust this archer as He has resurrected and living inside you.

On the other hand, if I am careless, I submit my life to my flesh or the devil, it will target the arrow to hit on human greed, adultery, self-deception, dishonesty, jealousy, self-centredness, hatred, bitterness, anger and unforgiveness, blindness about our own problems… I do not want my arrow to go in these sinful directions and head for roads of no return.

Can you allow Jesus to be your archer? I pray that you do.

A Faithful Disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(STS, KK, 3rd August, 2012)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: