Friday, August 10, 2012

I Said Sorry to My Daughter


Dear brothers and sisters,

Today is 8th August (Wednesday), and I said sorry to my daughter yesterday. It was my precious encounter with Jesus, so, I feel it is worth sharing with you. I pray that we all learn to say sorry to our family members so that the love of Jesus is expressed in our family; and the presence of Jesus in our family is felt.

What Happened?

During the last end of the month (monthly) trip back to Miri, my wife went to Kuching for her regular heart check follow up. I needed to prepare for the dinners. As usual I asked my daughter to do it. I was always careful not to comment about her best cooking because I wanted to train her to cook simple food. I always appreciated her cooking by thanking her and my other children to thank her. Honestly, I am not good at all at cooking.

During that Monday late afternoon, I was consulting my wife Julia over the phone how to cook a dish of vegetable. At the same time, I watched my daughter frying fish balls which we all liked. She has always did well. However, this time, as I was talking over the phone, I saw she over fried the fish balls and they were darker in colour. I got anxious (and nervous) and hastily raised my voice to tell to ask her to switch off the fire.

The conflict arose when I insisted that she did not switch off the fire as I requested and she said she did. She cried and she felt I had wrongly accused her. She was innocent; and I insisted she did do as I requested. She was very emotional about it and she could not get over with it. It made me thought about it even when I was back to KK. Did I make a mistake in wrongly accusing her? I thought for quite a few days. Deep in my heart, I told myself I could have made a mistake and I needed to say sorry to her. I was even prepared to say sorry even if I did not make the mistake as I did not want her to hate me for life. Furthermore, I could sense that she was so sure I wrongly accused her. There was no witness at all! There was an urge in my heart to say sorry to her but I did not take action! But I believe Jesus had prepared me to say sorry at this stage.

My Daughter was relieved.

Praise the Lord is very sensitive to my daughter. She sensed that my daughter was harbouring resentment and even bitterness towards. She kept mentioning daddy had wrongly accused her. She called me yesterday and told me the situation. I quickly grasped the opportunity to confess that I could have made a mistake; and I wanted to say sorry to her over the phone. Over the phone, though she did not want to respond to my apology but my sensed that she was relieved. Praise the Lord I was able to do it in the power of the Spirit of Jesus, as an act of love towards my daughter.

Brothers and sisters, can we let go of our pride, ego, face, and self-centredness; and say sorry to our family members when we are wrong? Remember Jesus’ love comes to your family when you do it genuinely from your heart.

A Faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(KK, STS, 8th August, 2012)

Posted By Teresa Han

No comments: