Monday, August 8, 2011

‎Sunday, ‎24 ‎July, ‎2011
Dear brothers and sisters,

I pray that all of us are working hard towards a stronger faith in Jesus and be His disciples out in the world. I know you at times you may fail, I pray that you keep coming to Jesus for empowerement and help. He will show the way to be His disciple.

My blood pressure goes up to 140/100 again. This not good for me. May be it is because I am giving myself all the unnecessary pressure to read 100 pages a day. I need to learn to relax and take it easy. I will be going back to Miri on 29th July and come back on 6th August during our STS reading week. I look forward to be with my family once a month. Now, I like to share with you how real is Jesus to me.

Jesus is very real to me
At the beginning of the year, I took on the adventure of trusting Jesus to help me to bring back all the books I need for research from the different states in US. I told Jesus that He knew my needs, I am doing this research to make disciples of all nations (especially among the Ibans and indigenous people of Sarawak), His mission for His disciples on earth. I told Jesus He needed to arrange someone in US to bring back those books in time for my research of different subjects. I asked Him for names whom I could approach. As I prayed, and prayed, He gave me names to contact. I managed to contact them. I prayed and I took actions as the names came to me. I ordered the used books from amazon.com and sent to addressees in US. US bookrooms do not post used books to Sabah. All these 40 over books are treasures for my research. Over here in Sabah or in Sarawak, you have money, you cannot get them. There were 3 books when I ordered and I only had about 5 days' time to wait for my lecturer to bring back from US. The transportation instruction said it would take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at the US address but my lecturer received 2 books within 5 days. The other book I also got it in time for me to do research. It saved me quite a lot of money in transportation costs just to get someone to send the used books back to Sabah.

Every one of those books which I read, it reminds me of God's faithfulness in providing for my needs. As a result these books with joy and gratitude all the time. All these books are highly recommended by lecturers and you can imagine the rich learning and equipping I get.

I prayed a lot for these books to arrive. In fact, especially the last 3 books, I trusted Jeus for a miracle. I prayed as I remembered it every day. I reminded Jesus to remind the workers, the addressees, the postmen and all those who handled my books not to delay my books. When I received the books in good timing, my heart rejoiced for Jesus was so understanding. He really provided for my needs and He really made sure that what I needed in ministry, He blessed. I have this faith in Him that He will do it all the time for me. There is no reason for Him not to bless me as I obey His call to do His will and mission on earth.

My faith is again and again strengthened (relationship with Jesus) through incidents like that. In the most powerful name of Jesus, I write to tell you that as you obey Jesus to do His will and mission, He is there for you. Will you trust Him? I pray that you do.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law Hui Seng
(STS, KK)
Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: