Wednesday, August 3, 2011

‎Monday, ‎1 ‎August, ‎2011

Dear brothers and sisters,

Praise the Lord I can be in fellowship with you out again.
I am spending time with my family (in Miri) in this one week of STS reading time.

I am now sitting with my children around me doing their studies in Miri home. My Tobias suddenly announced to me he scored one of his highest Mathematic marks in a trial paper for his primary 6 examination. I told him it was because Jesus who helped him. In mind I said so because I have been praying for my twins that Jesus helped to improve their as they try harder. He answered that Jesus indeed helped him but at the same time, he also worked at it. I am glad that my son know that he cannot be just depending on Jesus without putting in his own effort.

Tonight, my wife prepared steam boat for dinner. I remembered I told Julia, my wife, I grateful for it. My 3 younger children forgot to do it. They normally do it over the meals all the time. I asked them to go and do it and they did. They were obedient and cooperative. We had a very good fellowship over the table. It was so good that I want to write a testimony to you. I do with all sincerity and transparency. I really felt the warmth.

A memorable fellowship

In the midst of the dinner, my son Elliot asked me how was the food. I hesitated to answer good because it was not my real feeling. I said not bad. Then, he commented that I must be making myself a "rubbish dump". He even said if I knew what he meant or not. I said I did and then he asked for the meaning from me. I pointed to my stomach and explained that whatever they did not want to eat, I ate and treated my stomach as the rubbish dump. He said I got what he meant. I said he really knew the daddy's mindset. I told him he knew what I was in mind.

I laughed and laughed and went in close fellowship with him and the rest. I was prompted to think and say, "Since you know I am thinking, do you what your dad expect you to be? Do you know if dad is expecting you to become a pastor?" I fact, as said it, I laughed. He really smiled and said, "Of course I know." I told him, "You really know what is in my mind."

In another part of the conversation, I commented that they were awakened. The twins commented that they had already awakened much earlier. I responded and said to “tease” them and said, “How come you all have not seen the importance of education for your life?” I always pray for it to happen to them and it is always in my mind for my children. To prove that they have awakened to the importance of education, they said, “Studies will equip them to find a better job.” At this Julia also grasp the opportunity to come in and asked, “How come you all are not studying harder for their UPSR and still relaxing as it is only about one and half month left?” The twins smiled and insisted that they have been trying harder. After this we engaged them in great jokes and teases. It was really a great fellowship.

Immediately after that encounter, I thought it was an excellent fellowship with my family and so I wrote down the above note.
I pray that we all enjoy our fellowship with our family members and treasure our relationship while we are with them. By no means distant yourself from family members as the devil wants you to do it.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law Hui Seng
(Miri Home)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: