Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and friends,

I am very glad to write to all of you again. I always treasure this opportunity as I will not do it all the time. I will be leaving GMC at the beginning of next year for 2 years for my Master of Theology in BM at Kota Kinabalu Sabah Theological Seminary. My family will stay back in Miri for 2 years. Praise the Lord for the provision for a house at Lutong Baru.

Praise the Lord that the LCEC of GMC has decided to do Reading Bus as encouraged by Pastor Cheli 2 months back. It is a mobile library that will make a difference for Jesus. We will reach out to the indigenous children and adults of Tudan. It is about 25 minutes drive from GMC. We will teach them to read English literature like the Lady Bird. One project will last for 3 months, we will go fortnightly and lend them books to read. Let us pray that at the same time, we will preach to them through Village Alpha. I pray that eventually, other Methodist churches will follow suit. Ultimately, it must spread throughout Sarawak villages and kampongs. Pray that these whom we reach out will become disciples of Jesus.

Last weekend I attended the Methodist Heritage organized by Wesley Methodist Church. The speaker, Rev Dr Steve Harper was so inspiring and down to earth in his approach of spiritual formation. I am particularly affirmed by his emphasis on the need of making disciples in our society. We need to call ourselves disciples of Jesus. His great points of our ministry is not determined by results but by our perseverance is so reassuring to me because if our ministry is not fruitful and tough, at times we think of giving up. But what he said encouraged me not to give up if the calling was from Jesus.



A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(29th August, 2010)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: