Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and friends,

This week has been quite an eventful week for me. On Monday I did characters with my family members in the afternoon, then, I flew off to Sibu for the Long House Forum on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was stressful as I had to be careful with I said so that I did not offend and made promises which I could not fulfill especially among the indigenous pastors and lay people. Thank God we have our SCAC president and Bishop to guide us. The most fruitful result was we Chinese and indigenous people were able to sit down to understand one another’s struggle in terms of great shortage of manpower of pastor for SIAC side. On SCAC side, we now understand that we cannot push them and we should not impose our inspiration on them.

On Friday night I visited 3 small groups at brother James Wong’s house where they did Quiz Competition on the book of Matthew. On Saturday morning I prepared sermons messages for SMCGC, GMC for Sunday preaching and BB Christian Education class on Saturday afternoon. On Saturday night, I visited Mui Foon small group. It was a very tiring week but I felt I was empowered by the Holy Spirit to serve Christ.

Just now, after the church service, at 8.30pm, I conducted a one and half hour of pre-marital class. It was on love as the basis of marriage. The couple appreciated it very much. I was very encouraged.

All these while, I just feel that pastors are in great demand but we do not produce enough pastors to do the job. God is calling a lot to respond to Him to be His disciples but not many respond to His calling. I pray that God calls you to be His Disciples as you read my writings.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law Hui Seng
(21st March, 2010)
Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: