Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and friends,

I thank God I can write to you again. I was so busy in the last few weeks I did not have time to sit down and write a few words like this.

Praise the Lord the visit with Bishop Hwa Yung (1st and 2nd Feb) was very fruitful. I thank God I went. The 4 missionaries under the leadership of sister Ting Sung Ngo had very important things to convey to me. Now, we decide to sponsor 40 litres of petrol every month each mission team goes to Long Singu. We also decide to buy fruits for our missionaries. They kept appealing for a driver. I believe the need is there but we need to pray that a brother and his wife would make sacrifice to go in.

The English churches forum held in Sibu, 26th to 27th Feb was very fruitful. The president, Rev Dr Su in his closing ceremony gave us a vision of an English District and eventually works towards an English Annual Conference. Also, one for the most exciting change is we are coming up with English Lay Preacher’s course. I pray that we will have 5 persons coming forward to do it.

Yesterday we had a zone leaders and and committee meeting. I praise God for the commitment of brother Ngu Hieng King and brother Alex Tiang. They took the trouble to visit the small groups under their care.

Please pray for my family that as we do the character training every Monday, we will be more Christ-like.

Faithful Disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law
(8th March, 2010)

No comments: