Monday, January 9, 2012

A Year Full of Thanksgiving

Dear brothers and sisters,

May this letter give all the glory and honor to our Lord Jesus Christ. Though this is a thanksgiving letter, it reflects how Jesus is so real in my life. Jesus is the reason I write this letter. May you all be encouraged by my letter.

First and foremost, I thank Jesus for He is all the time reminding me to work at my 2011 resolutions. I managed to read my bible from Genesis to Judges. In the area of evangelism, though I did not bring 2 persons to Christ, I put in efforts to reach out to my mom’s elder brother children and their families at KK. They came for an evangelistic meeting. Their few children came 2 times to Agape Methodist Church Sunday School. I did 4 times of bible studies and taught about 5 Indonesians on the subject of prayer. I reached out to Tudan Ibans (Miri) during my breaks. I did one mission trip to Ulu Belaga, Long Malim Penans and prayed for 6 families. Privately, when I met people and stranger, I always introduced Jesus to them and encouraged them to go to Church.

I read about raising girls by James Dobson, though I did not finish the book. It did help me to realize that they are very different from boys. I need to help them to be fine girls.

My private phone calls back to Miri regularly and discipline my twins to read a self-made Bahasa Malaysia (BM) sentence regularly had helped them to score B and C in the UPSR (primary 6) was a great testimony of Jesus’ help. My twin 2, Elliot, though a dyslexia, did well in his UPSR. He was able to score 3B, and 4C. Even his subject teachers were surprised by his expected better results. The form teacher informed my wife about it a few days ago when we went to take the RM100 government grant for each child. Jesus used the principal, all my son’s teachers and my wife and myself to help him. Thought he is dyslexia, we never give up on him. From primary 1 to primary 3, he always get the second last position in class despite tuition. Eventually we discovered he is a dyslexia in primary and we sent him for 3 months special training at Kuching Dyslexia Association headed by Dr Ong. The training built up his confidence and eventually, he improved much in his studies. Praise the Lord for using the dedicated teachers at the association who helped my son to build up his confidence. I strongly believe as he moves on with his brother in Form One, in Chung Hua Secondary School, with the help of the teachers and parental encouragements, they will only get better in their studies and characters as Jesus desires them.

Secondly, I thank Jesus for the good health of my family members. Though my wife is down with heart valve leakage, her health does not get worse. She was able to face the stress of taking care 4 children without me around as I studied at Sabah Theological Seminary (STS). There was only one time of recurrence of breathlessness. Though blood pressure shot up even higher during my studies, now, it is back to normal.

Thirdly, I thank Jesus for one year of studies, regular phones back to my family, monthly trip back to Miri and more rest seem to give healing to our family relationships. As a family, we become much closer to one another and we become happier.

Fourthly, I thank Jesus for using Grace Methodist Church (GMC) brothers and sisters to care for my family during my absence. Jesus used many brothers and sisters from near and far to pray for us and provide for our needs. With all these supports, we are so encouraged, and truly felt Jesus is very real. We just need to keep passing the love of Jesus on and on.

Fifthly, I thank Jesus for providing me with very good supervisor (Dr Oy Saik) and readers (Rev Dr Thu and Bishop Thomas), lecturers and STS community. Praise the Lord for the excellent community life where different races live together so harmoniously. They show me good examples of living together as different races.

Sixthly, I thank Jesus for I find Agape Methodist Church and serve together happily with them in KK on Sundays; and able to preach at other Methodist churches a few times. These helped me to get to know other disciples of Jesus in other Methodist churches. I always find it very exciting to see them growing to be more like Christ outside Sarawak.
Finally, I thank Jesus for my wife and 4 children who supported me in these 2 years of theological studies. Deep down in their hearts, they knew, they did it for Jesus. My training will equip me to impact more lives for Christ.

Let us together, we look forward to 2012, and very much allow Jesus Christ to be number one in our lives. May Jesus make all the difference in our lives.

A Faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law Hui Seng
(Miri, 31st December, 2011)

Posted By Teresa Han

No comments: