Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters,

Last week I did not write to you as I was busy with my studies. Praise the Lord I was able to reduce at 3kg of my weight. I eat very little rice but eat plenty of vegetable. One wonderful thing is I do not experience hunger though I do not eat as much rice. With that, my blood pressure also go down from 140/100 to 130/85. I also cut down on meat and do regular exercise for one hour everyday 5 days a week. I strongly believe that when I am physically fit, I am more effective for Jesus and make disciples of all nations.

No Win No Loss

Today is Parents' Sunday, I was able to play a very good game of chess with my father-in-law just now for about 3 hours again. I was leading all the way. I pressurized him from the beginning till the end. I was preparing to celebrate as thought I would win. I wanted to win very much and the most I get from him was a draw. What happened?

I must salute my father-in-law for his never give up defence. He might to lose the game but he kept defending and never gave up. He held on and he never let loose and give up. He just perseveres to defend. I tempted him to make a mistake but he calculated his every move very carefully and there was no mistake regardless of how I attacked. I have one canon, one horse and a little soldier. He only had one horse. I could not win. In the end, I have to settle with a draw. Again, I learnt something precious here.
I learn that in life, sometimes, you have to settle with the best that is no win no loss. Though you want to very much win but God will only give no win no loss. Things are not getting worse nor getting any better. Do you have that kind of experience?

Despite the draw and there was no celebration but I experienced a great fellowship with my 94 year old father-in-law. He said for the first time I really improved my game. As for me, I use Chinese to do my spiritual exercise. I also play Chinese Chess with my 2 younger boys. They enjoy the games. I train them to do strategic thinking. It really enhances our father and son relationship. It is most spiritual we become closer because Jesus desires me to be close with my children.

Take it as a privilege to be parents and thank God often for it no matter how tough the job is. Do you say Amen to it?

From 14th May to 18th June, 2011, I will be having my semester break at Miri with my family.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng
Posted by Teresa Han

(Parents' Sunday, KK, STS, 8th May, 2011)

No comments: