Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,


Praise the Lord, we are in communication in this manner again. You can be so far away but I can let you know what is happening in my life. I can witness to you on how real and how good Jesus is to me.

Two weeks ago I lost my pen drive which contains 3 years of information on my sermons, weekly reflections, good articles, minutes, etc. It is my original source and only copy! It is a very good record of my life. At first I was worried, anxious and troubled. For quite a few hours, I could not overcome my negative feelings and thoughts in my mind. I did not like those hours at all. My mind was on it even when I played ping pong!

After a good struggle, I came to Jesus and allowed Him to deal with me. He said God even took care of the birds in the air, they had no worries to find food; the lilies of the valley grew without human care, why should I worry about my pen drive. He said He would return it to me. That was the assurance from Jesus! I told quite a few persons who were concerned about it that the pen drive would be returned.

I asked the student body to make 2 times of announcements during weekly Thursday assembly. I asked the librarians to be on the look out for it. I asked many people to pray for it. I myself at least prayed 50 times about it. My prayers were very simple and naive. I asked Jesus to convict that person’s sin and returned it to me. As I prayed, I imagined Jesus communicating with the person. I told Jesus I had full trust in Him; I was exercising my faith towards him. I told Him the witness of the whole community of STS is at stake, and the great character of honesty is at stake. After prayers like that, everyday, I waited in expectation of its return.

Praise the Lord, that person put it back to my pigeon hole. A few lecturers and fellow theological students who prayed for me and showed concerns for me were so happy that I got it back.

Bother Jesus

This is a small matter to a lot of people but it is a big matter to me as the information is very valuable to me. However, personally, even a so called small matter like that I would like to bother Jesus as my relationship with Him allows me to do it. And I strongly believe that Jesus knows all the time I am going to bother Him with small matter.

Another reflection that comes out of this experience is this: If as a human being desires so much to find back the lost pen drive, how much more my heavenly Father desires His children who are lost to come back to Him!

May I pray that you build up a personal relationship with Jesus like I do. Do bother Jesus with small things.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(20th Feb, 2011, KK)

Posted By Teresa Han

No comments: