Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear brothers and sisters of GMC and friends,


Praise the Lord for the past week. It was a very busy week for me. I believe my presence at the GB and BB at SJK Pujut really helped the 57 boys and girls to grow to become disciples of Jesus. I taught them 3 godly characters of initiative, enthusiasm and dependability have helped mould their characters. I believe the games which we played and they bring out the meanings of the characters would reinforce my teachings on the 3 characters.

Today I preached the last sermon on the social concerns on repentance. My text is from Luke 23:26-42. Especially what Jesus said on the cross, “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they do” is so inspiring for me. I preach with very strong conviction that God in the person of Jesus is very forgiving towards sinners and therefore, we must willing to repent and accepted. This saying of Jesus has guided my ministry for these many years, it helps me to see sinners as God sees them. So, I give lots of time and space to repent; and I do not give up on people who sin greatly against God. I put it to them that if we sin, we are fighting against God and how can we stand God’s judgment?

Yesterday was also a great day for GMC as it marked the beginning of GMC mission in doing Reading Bus (mobile library), by mobilizing some 60 children at Tudan to read English. I pray that this 3 months fortnightly project follow by Alpha (evangelism tool) will become an inspiration for other Methodist Churches. They will become excited about it also and do it in the future.

A Faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng

(3rd October, 2010)

Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: