Monday, September 28, 2009

Dear brothers, sisters and friends of GMC,

Praise the Lord that after 2 weeks, I now come back and write to you all again. For the last 2 weeks, I had gone to Singapore and Bintulu. In Singapore, I received mentoring from Bishop Solomon (Methodist Church) and I managed to see a few lecturers of Trinity Theological College. We catch up and renew our friendship. I felt very encouraged by them.

More than 2 weeks ago, I preached to about 30 non-christian chinese students in a school in Miri. Before I went I was briefed that they were Form 3 and 5 students, I need to motivate them to study. They had given up on studies and many of them had behavioural problems. I preached right there and then as the Holy Spirit prompted me. I shared about my bad childhood days and how Jesus transformed me. How I studied hard and made it to the local university. I really preached that for the sake of God and themselves, they must study hard and do not give up on themselves. At the end of it (after about 2 hours of preaching and interactions with them), I did not challenge them to accept Christ, instead, I challenge them to change themselves from absenteeism, laziness, unwillingness to study, etc, after a minute of persuasion, almost all of stood up and followed in prayer.

After the whole event, I quietly prayed to God to say to Him if there were 2 to 3 persons whose lives had changed, I was satisfied already. I did not call up the teacher to ask. Coincidentally, I met her at Imperial Mall on Friday night for a talk, she said that there at least 3 persons who became more attentive in her class after they listened to me. Praise the Lord for He changed them. I pray that the seeds I sowed in the others’s students heart will germinate and later on, they will come to know God and be saved.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law
(27th September, 2009)
Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: