Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dear brothers and sisters,

I praise our Lord, Jesus, for the way He works among us in the area of mission.

Today is Sunday, 24th May, 2009 (Aldersgate’s Sunday). It is our annual Sunday where we remember how John Wesley felt his heart was strangely warmed. I described it as how he was touched by the Holy Spirit, and from then on, his life was never the same anymore. It was on 24th May, 1738. He was 25 years then! One thing that happened after the experience was his sermons changed for better and impacted many and so many people to Christ that he had to organized them in class, bands and society in order to disciple them. He started a Methodist movement! I was and am still very touched by his life after I researched his life in my master of ministry programmes. I aspired to be John Wesley to preach with passion and go out of my comfort to preach outside the church in other areas as far as I can go. He went throughout England and eventually sent missionaries to America.

Nevertheless, Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and I am His disciple.

John Wesley was very mission minded and followed Jesus 100%. GMC is very much trying to do the same. Sister Grace Chew shared about her mission experience in the morning and evening services. I listened to her sharing and I read her testimony before this. I thought this sister was going to stop at one time of mission as she was fulfilling her promise to God. To my surprise, in the midst of the evening service, she put up her hand and volunteered to go for Balingian mission on 22nd to 24th August. I could not help but believe that this is the Spirit of Mission working in her. My heart is so encouraged and touched that I write this for your all to read. So far, since we fix a vision of seeing 100 persons by the year 2010, to do short term mission since the year 2002, 95 persons have participated. I believe we definitely can reach our goal by the end of the year. The remaining challenge now is the vision of seeing 2 full time missionaries to be raised from the congregation by 2010.

Praise the Lord we have Brother Aaron Hii, Brother Peter Ting, Rev Dr Wong Kee Sing (Trinity Methodist Church, Kuching, the chairman of Sarawak Indigenous People Committee, Board of Evangelism, SCAC) and myself will going to Belaga, crossing the river to survey 2 Penan long houses (Long Tangau and Long Luar) tommorrow. Let us pray that after this GMC will send a team to go there.

A Disciple of Jesus who is all for Jesus and mission,
Pastor Law
(24th May, 2009)
Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: