Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters,

Praise the Lord I have something to share with you again. I pray that all of us treasure our time on earth and show our deepest love for the people around. Your love for them will reflect Jesus in your life.

Praise the Lord for my twins who passed all the subjects in their primary 6 UPSR. My effort of calling back from KK to get them to do one sentence in BM really helps very much. They get B and C for comprehension and essay writing. I pray that they will continue to improve their BM and later on, they can use BM to preach and make disciples of all nations. They are not that good in studies but they are willing to try harder. They did not go for tuition and they can still pass all. As a father, I am so proud of them. Of course, my wife deserves all the praise. She has done it with flying colors. We celebrated at Mcdonald on Thursday.

I visited a long house and preached at Sg Burid last Sunday night with Hwai En Methodist Church members. They have been faithfully reaching the folks for about 15 years. Recently they baptized more than 50 persons there. One poor old Iban lady asked for prayer for her bruised arm and I realized she needed medical attention. Praise the Lord the team leader was sensitive to the need and brought her to see doctor that night at Miri General Hospital emergency department. She had a serious fall and broke her wrist bone. We are so glad to be able to show our Christ’s love for her.

A powerful conversation with my son

Few days ago I was involved in approving my twin sons to stay for 2 nights at his classmate’s (Joseph) house. They only approached their mom; and they did not approach me for permission as the father. I thought my wife should say no. My wife respected me as the head of the family (later on I told her after my conversation with my wife), and she referred Elliot to me. I was so happy she did. This gesture had challenged me not to turn down the request straight away without reasoning with them as they wanted it very much. Deep down in my heart, I struggled to let them do it as I do not know the background of Joseph family well enough. However, I decided right then, to use a test to decide whether to allow them to go or not. If Elliot could convince me that he was good enough to handle the security situation, I would let them go. They love fishing, so I asked what if his friend invited them to go fishing without the accompaniment of the adults. He gave the expected answer, no. I asked all the questions to help him to give me explanations for his answer. He said it was dangerous as he might be drowned. I pushed him further and asked what was the big deal about drowning! He said we would be very sad as parents. I said he passed the test and we trusted them to be with his friend’s family to behave themselves during this weekend. After the incident, I told my wife it was actually an encounter where I trained my children.

This incident also helped us to get to know Joseph’s parents, and we had breakfast together this morning. His mother is a Foochow Chinese and his father is a Kayan who speaks Foochow and Mandarin. I am amazed by his ability. We are able to encourage them to be strong in their Christian faith and prayed for them. I even encouraged Joseph to become a pastor like me, and he told his mom about it.

A faithful disciple of Jesus,

Pastor Law Hui Seng
(18th November, 2011. Miri Home)

Posted By Teresa Han

No comments: