Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear brothers and sisters,

Praise the Lord, though, I am getting busier each week with lots of reading to do in preparation to write for fruitful papers that will help my future ministry, I am still very motivated to write a simple weekly reflection. This reflection has been the key reason that undergirds all my life and ministry. I pray that you all get the message of the word of God from Jesus. It was also emphasized in my theology of ministry class by a German, Lutheran pastor.
I am the Vine – Jesus Says
John 15:5, “I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
John 15:8, “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”
All this while what makes me as a disciple of Christ in my capacities as a husband, a father, a son, a friend, and a pastor is the person of Jesus. I am ‘terribly’ linked with Jesus in a very deep and personal relationship. A relationship which only Jesus can understand. I understand Jesus as the vine, where I get eternal life, love, understanding, justice, wisdom, faith, hope, mercy, grace, affirmation, encouragement, solutions for my problems, etc. I do not see Him as the God whom I get something from. I see Him the Lord and master of my life. If He says I should die now, I am willing to obey. My life is in His hand, He can decide whatever to do with me. I worship Jesus as God, Almighty God. Do you? Is your God Almighty in the person of Jesus.
Therefore, Jesus can do without me. By all means, I do not save anyone from going to hell; my teaching, preaching of God words and my life and ministry do not transform anyone. Ultimately, as I remain in Him, and I remain as His branch, I am that little branch which becomes His channel, it is Jesus who saves and transforms lives, not me. Apart from Jesus, I cannot bear fruit and become His beloved disciple. I ask Jesus to use all my resources like my brain, my ability in 3 languages, my personal relationship skill, my mouths and my out of tune songs, my ping pong skill, my wife and children, my money, my time, my laptop, etc, to make disciples of all nations.
As I live with a mentality and outlook of life that apart from Jesus, my vine, I cannot do anything, I live everyday as the last day of my life. As a result, what I can do today, I will not postpone it. As soon as I receive a prompting from the Holy Spirit, I shall act. Do you?

A faithful disciple of Jesus,
Pastor Law Hui Seng
(6th March, 2011, at KK, STS)
Posted by Teresa Han

No comments: